Thursday, April 30, 2009

This Day In Sports - April 30th

1919 -- Phillies beat Brooklyn Dodgers 9-0 in 20 innings.
1971 -- 25th NBA Championship: Milwaukee beats Baltimore Bullets in four games.
1976 -- Muhammad Ali beats Jimmy Young in 15 rounds for heavyweight boxing title.
1990 -- As Mets pitcher David Cone argues a call at first base, two Braves score.
*From SI.com


Yeah there's a lot of history with the New York Yankees, but I wish that the Dodgers had remained in Brooklyn. In my mind there is no better sports name than the Brooklyn Dodgers! With the 2009 NBA Finals looming in the distance I have been reminded how much I enjoy playoff basketball. The Bulls Celtics series has been crazy good and with all the drama between the Hornets getting whooped by 58 and Dwight Howard being suspended for tonight's game six, these playoffs have been wrought with excitement. Looking forward to Lakers vs. Cavs finals. I attended the Twins game last night vs the Tampa Bay Rays and almost witnessed the 1990 note above. Scott Kazmir had a wild and crazy first inning last night and allowed four earned runs on 2 or 3 wild pitches. On the second wild pitch a run scored and Kazmir was so distraught that he hung his head at the plate as the runners continued to advance to second and third.

Please, if you are interested I encourage you to participate and share your thoughts. I would love to get some feedback and hear what each of you took from the day's topic. Just fill in the comment box at the end of each blog and let me know what you think! To read more posts and see my entire blog click the Touch 'Em All Productions header at the top of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment