Wednesday, May 20, 2009

American Idol 2009 - Finals Review

American Idol 2009 - Finals Review
Let me be the first to congratulate Adam Lambert as being the 2009 Season 8 American Idol. Or wait I can't be the first since Simon, Randy, and Kara have been his victory since early March. But anyways congrats Adam. Last nights performance finale was a downer for me. For the first 40 minutes I was totally digging it. Both performers put on a great show for their first two songs, and then we got to that piece of garbage that Kara came up with better known as No Boundaries. I thought that the music industry had learned its lesson when Miley Cyrus burst onto the scene with The Climb. Sure the song is meant to be inspirational, sure it should garner some positive PR for the show, but come on it was a flat out awful song! I realize that they did not compose this song over the past week, but when your song is completely out of the vocal range of one of the finalists and both of them struggle with it, something is wrong with the song. This coupled with Kara's worthless critiques should warrant her dismissal before next year. It was a good experiment but people like Paula better anyways.

As for the performances I think that Adam and Kris both rocked it in round one. Simon gave the edge to Kris, but in my opinion it was much closer than Simon let on. Adam's Mad World was one of the only songs I enjoyed that he did this season. Round two was hands down one by Adam. Kris played this round too safe for the finals show. It was good and I liked it but it was plain and boring. I'd rather not talk about the third round as it was a complete and utter disappointment. Both of the performances were painful and Kris forgot the words (this could have been the deciding factor). I'm still holding out hope for Kris, but I think that Idol will get their wishes and Adam Lambert will take this years crown. I have been surprised before though...

Please, if you are interested I encourage you to participate and share your thoughts. I would love to get some feedback and hear what each of you took from the day's topic. Just fill in the comment box at the end of each blog and let me know what you think! To read more posts and see my entire blog click the Touch 'Em All Productions header at the top of the page!

1 comment:

  1. you would think with one of the judges taking part in the writing of this year's single, it would hold a bit more worth than all of the crappy ones from years past...but you're right...kara's song blew.
    if you watch her face during the critiques of those two performances, it's written all over it that she realizes her song was a failure...she just realized that a bit too late!

    i'm still rooting for kris, simply because his music suits my taste more than adam's ever will.
    adam's second performance blew my mind though...man, he's talented!

    ReplyDelete